Your local network office will provide support so you don't have to do it alone—including training and development to help you become a successful financial representative.
You'll have assistance in:
- Developing your business and marketing plans
- Extensive training and coaching from certified trainers
- Access to knowledgeable groups of financial advisors and specialists to assist you.
Your local network office provides tools, resources and training to help you discover and build your markets to develop a successful practice as a financial representative.
You'll receive initial industry and sales training as well as mentoring and joint work programs for hands-on experience. You'll have access to on-line education resources for polishing skills and keeping up to date on industry information as well as exposure to opportunities for ongoing career education and advanced professional designations to increase your knowledge and reputation.
The foundation of our success has been our ability to form enduring relationships with our clients through a needs-based analysis process. This process reflects our belief that over a lifetime, most people will experience many different financial needs and circumstances which can be summarized into three stages: Risk Management, Wealth Accumulation and Wealth Preservation and Distribution.
Your training will have a strong emphasis on the risk stage of your clients' lives—success in your career rests on your ability to help your clients meet these needs.
Wealth accumulation and wealth preservation and distribution build on this foundation to help you grow your career and offer opportunities to work with advisors and specialists.
As you learn about the career during the selection process, our "Discovering Your Markets" tool will help you explore and develop your own personal market opportunities; understand the commitment to building enduring relationships; and determine if this is the right career for you.
Your efforts in building your own personal marketing strategy can result in a fast start as you begin your career as a financial representative.
The Fastrack development system gives you the confidence and skills you need to become a successful financial representative.
- Basics builds a foundation of knowledge in financial services.
- Sales School teaches you how to develop enduring relationships.
Fastrack Basics prepares you to enter Fastrack Sales School by finalizing your own personalized marketing plan.
You learn field-tested sales language for use with prospects and clients. You also learn finance, insurance and sales cycle concepts, Northwestern Mutual's traditions and products, as well as how to manage your activity.
Checkpoints help ensure you are on track, and your local team will be there to answer your questions as you progress.
Sales School will help you build a foundation of knowledge in Northwestern Mutual's sales techniques, with an emphasis on the art of obtaining favorable introductions and comprehensive fact finding.
Sales School will teach you how to:
- Prepare to prospect, handle objections and effectively build relationships.
- Ask probing and challenging questions to uncover a prospective client's needs.
- Identify and understand a prospect's needs to help create unique solutions.
- Convey your conviction for our business and our financial planning process.
Northwestern Mutual's resources and instructional options provide you with the training and development you need to help build your success now and in the future.
The Learning Network provides quality, job-relevant training in a timely, consistent and convenient manner. It has two main components.
The virtual university offers on-line access to enrollment, tracking, testing and learning events, as well as a centralized library of courses and resources.
The traditional university provides individual and group classroom training at your local network office or Home Office sponsored schools. Self-study, paper-based training is also available.
The Learning Network gives you more control over your career by increasing training opportunities and offering you the advantages of:
- Training based on your individual needs, built upon your knowledge and experience and performance based evaluation. Progress tracked individually.
- 24-hour, 7-day access to training.
- Centralized catalog of all available training.
You can follow an established learning path with a proven record of success, or you can customize a development plan based on your own needs and interests. Either way, the Learning Network is a great learning resource for helping you get and keep your career on the path to success.
TEAMwork (Techniques to Encourage Accountability and Measurement) compliments the Fastrack development system. It's designed to maintain a high level of accountability and performance through ongoing training—helping to maximize a new representative's growth.
The following coaching and mentoring programs are offered:
- Record Activity Compared to Expectation (RACE) Program - Daily meetings with a coach during the first two months.
- Weekly Business Coaching - Weekly programs to help you develop sound sales and business practices (after RACE).
- ClientBuilder - Monthly study group to help you grow and develop your business.