MILWAUKEE, May 2, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Northwestern Mutual Chairman and CEO John Schlifske and Steve Forbes, chairman and editor-in-chief of Forbes Media, will speak to thousands of business and community leaders in seven cities around the U.S. this week.
To view the multimedia assets associated with this release, please visit: http://www.multivu.com/mnr/53657-northwestern-mutual-john-schlifske-joins-steve-forbes-seven-city-tour
The executives will provide their thoughts on the economy, the financial markets, and the importance of having a sound financial game plan in place regardless of market conditions. As part of an ongoing partnership, Northwestern Mutual – a leading financial security company – and Forbes previously spoke about the economy to nearly 18,000 people in 25 other cities.
Now the tour – titled "The Power of a Game Plan" – will visit the following cities:
- May 2: Boston, Manchester, N.H., and Syracuse, N.Y.
- May 3: Grand Rapids, Mich., and Pittsburgh
- May 4: Memphis and Cincinnati
"It's clear that achieving financial security today requires a well-rounded game plan to preserve wealth, mitigate risks that can affect retirement years, and provide a predictable stream of income for life," said Schlifske. "In partnership with Steve Forbes, I look forward to sharing my perspective on the power of a game plan, and to helping individuals and business owners strategize in the midst of a still uncertain economy."
Among the key insights and topics Schlifske and Forbes are expected to share:
- Getting to retirement is no longer the end goal – it is a new starting point. Schlifske and Forbes contend that today's economy coupled with increased life expectancy means there is an increased risk for individuals to deplete their assets too soon. A well-rounded plan is essential to help maintain financial security for life.
- It is unlikely that individuals can solely invest their way to prosperity. Rather, Schlifske and Forbes believe in practicing proven financial principles, such as cutting spending, saving in addition to investing, and dollar-cost averaging for the long-term.
- Regardless of what happens in Washington, D.C., there are plans that individuals and business owners can make now to ensure long-term security. Schlifske and Forbes encourage Americans to not let debate in Washington prohibit them from addressing their short- and long-term financial needs.
"There is no replacement for the power of a strong financial game plan," said Forbes. "I look forward to discussing this topic, as well as the state of the national and global economy, in an effort to help people achieve financial stability and success."
Photos taken at each tour event will be posted on the Northwestern Mutual Facebook page. The company will also share live tweets from each tour event, using the hashtag #NMForbes.
About Northwestern Mutual
The Northwestern Mutual Life Insurance Company – Milwaukee, WI (Northwestern Mutual) – among the "World's Most Admired" life insurance companies in 2012 according to FORTUNE® magazine – has helped clients achieve financial security for more than 155 years. As a mutual company with $1.2 trillion of life insurance protection in force, Northwestern Mutual has no shareholders. The company focuses solely and directly on its clients and seeks to deliver consistent and dependable value to them over time. Northwestern Mutual and its subsidiaries offer a holistic approach to financial security solutions including: life insurance, long-term care insurance, disability insurance, annuities, investment products, and advisory products and services. Subsidiaries include Northwestern Mutual Investment Services, LLC, broker-dealer, registered investment adviser, member FINRA and SIPC; the Northwestern Mutual Wealth Management Company, limited purpose federal savings bank; and Northwestern Long Term Care Insurance Company; and Russell Investments.
SOURCE Northwestern Mutual
For further information: Jennifer Ryan, +1-800-323-7033, firstname.lastname@example.org