Northwestern Mutual sponsored a poll highlighting the attitudes and motivations of Americans for planning for long-term care. More than 2,500 U.S. adults were surveyed. (Conducted October 2012)
Read the findings from the 2012 Long-Term Care Awareness Study.
Northwestern Mutual has a range of resources to help individuals think about and plan for long-term care needs:
- Learn about the findings of Northwestern Mutual’s 2011 Cost of Long-Term Care Study that analyzes the accessibility and affordability of different types or care services by geographic location.
- Visit the Long-Term Care Cost Calculator to help you better understand the potential cost if you were to require long-term care services.
- Visit the Lifespan Calculator to estimate out how many years you may live in retirement.
- Learn more about the long-term care costs and options available to you.
- View a video of former broadcast journalist Meryl Comer describing what it means to be a caregiver to her husband, who was diagnosed with early onset Alzheimer’s 18 years ago. She shared her personal story with Northwestern Mutual.