Clients with significant investable assets often require more tailored investment services and therefore may benefit from the level of professional wealth management advice and personal service that is available through Northwestern Mutual Signature programs:
- Signature Annuities is an investment advisory program that combines the benefits of a tax-deferred variable annuity with the expert guidance and personal service of a financial advisor.
- Signature Portfolios is an advisory mutual fund wrap solution. It utilizes select mutual funds and/or exchange-traded funds to construct comprehensive, fully diversified investment portfolios. The one-stop solution gives you access to personalized asset allocation, world-class fund management, and systematic portfolio rebalancing.
- Signature Choice is an investment advisory program for investors who desire a high level of professional wealth management advice in the areas of asset allocation, the selection of securities, and portfolio rebalancing.
- Signature Managed Accounts is an investment advisory program that provides investors access to third-party asset management and specialized portfolio managers to create a highly customized investment portfolio of individual securities.
When utilizing our Signature programs, your financial advisor will guide you through our comprehensive Signature Advisory Process and establish an investment and wealth management strategy that is tailored to you.
- Identify Goals
Your advisor will guide you through a comprehensive financial profile that will help determine your time horizon, potential income needs, risk tolerance, and your attitudes toward investing.
- Create Personalized Investment Policy Statement
Based on the information gained from your financial profile, your advisor will determine an appropriate wealth management and asset allocation strategy. This strategy is formalized through an Investment Policy Statement which will help provide the discipline to follow your investment plan and make decisions free from emotion.*
- Select Investments
Investment options vary based on the Signature program that best suits your needs. The investments recommended by your financial advisor have gone through a comprehensive research and screening process, which may involve independent or proprietary evaluation and analysis.
- Review and Monitor
Investing to reach your financial goals is not a static exercise. Advanced account servicing tools help your advisor analyze whether your account remains in line with your Investment Policy Statement. Your advisor will meet with you periodically to review any significant changes to your personal or financial situation and help determine whether these changes will require any repositioning of your portfolio.
*No investment strategy can guarantee a profit or protect against loss.