The Portfolio Income Plan1 is a new settlement option available only on Northwestern Mutual tax-qualified deferred annuity contracts. The Portfolio Income Plan provides the same innovative features as the Portfolio Income Annuities - guaranteed lifetime income2 that can grow through potential dividends.3
A unique feature of the Portfolio Income Plan is that your income payments can increase with potential dividends. Whenever dividends are paid, you have the flexibility to take them in cash each year or use them to increase your lifetime income payments, or a combination of the two.4
The Portfolio Income Plan offers flexible options that allow you to meet your personal needs.
- Leverage all or part of the value of your Northwestern Mutual tax-qualified deferred annuity and convert or settle to a Portfolio Income Plan. You will receive guaranteed, predictable income payments that last as long as you live.
- Income payments that start when you are ready:
- The Portfolio Immediate Income Plan offers you a start date up to 13 months in the future.
- The Portfolio Deferred Income Plan offers you a start date in the future; your payments can begin in 13 months or decades in the future.
- The initial guaranteed income payments will start with a fixed amount, and your payments will never go below this amount for the rest of your life or the lives of you and a loved one (except when an income plan is chosen that specifies lower payments upon the death of an annuitant or joint annuitant).
Talk to your financial representative to discuss whether this innovative retirement solution from Northwestern Mutual is right for you.
1The Portfolio Income Plan option is offered at the discretion of the company. Its availability in the future is not guaranteed.
2All annuity guarantees are backed solely by the claims-paying ability of Northwestern Mutual.
3Dividends are not guaranteed.
4Distributions of taxable amounts, including dividends and taxable death benefits are subject to ordinary income tax and may be subject to a 10% IRS early withdrawal penalty if taken before age 59 ½. Please consult with your professional tax advisor.
Not available in New York.