Whether empowering young minds, engaging local communities or providing support for those tackling childhood cancer, Northwestern Mutual is shaping a stronger world, one life at a time.
The mission of our Foundation is to improve the lives of children and families in need through financial support, volunteerism, thought leadership and collaboration with community partners. We champion forward-thinking programs that make a lasting impact in the places where our employees and financial professionals live and work. Our efforts are focused nationally on curing childhood cancer, and locally on education, neighborhoods and making our hometown of Milwaukee a great destination.
We’re making our communities stronger. Together.
Award-Winning Community Commitment
Northwestern Mutual Foundation is earning recognition for the impact it makes on lives across the country, including these recent awards:
- 2014 Organization Award from Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin, recognizing our $2 million gift in 2013 for The Northwestern Mutual Day Hospital, a new outpatient treatment center for children with cancer and blood disorders.
- MANDI AWARD from the LISC Milwaukee Local Advisory Board for our exemplary corporate leadership to revitalize Milwaukee.
- Americans for the Arts – BCA 10’s Hall of Fame for being the largest corporate contributor to the arts in the state of Wisconsin-and offering exceptional long-term vision, leadership, and commitment to developing alliances with the arts.
- Corporate Commitment Award from the Expect Miracles Foundation in recognition for our leadership role in the fight against cancer within the financial services industry.
Read about the Northwestern Mutual Foundation in the news.
- Huffington Post Women in Business: Nichole Lecher (10/6)
- Examiner.com #MyHeroMom Campaign (5/7)
- Fox 6 Now Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation fundraiser (6/4)
- CBS Philly Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation fundraiser (6/5)
- Philanthropy News Digest Five Questions for: John Kordsmeier (10/21)
- JS Online Children's Hospital of Wisconsin donation