People are the Power Behind Northwestern Mutual
Here, you matter. To explore career opportunities at Northwestern Mutual, visit our Career Opportunities section.
We're enhancing our recruiting efforts to attract the best talent in the nation.
Howard University Partnership
Howard University is a leading historically black college university. Northwestern Mutual sponsors the Howard University Center for Insurance Education and participates in the 21st Century Advantage Program in the School of Business.
Sponsorships, Conferences, Affiliations and Career Fairs Across the Nation
Northwestern Mutual takes a holistic approach to both raise our brand awareness and recruit new talent for corporate and national sales opportunities at diversity events across the country. We reach tens of thousands of professionals and students through our affiliations with:
- National Association of Black Accountants (NABA)
- National Association of Women MBAs (NAWMBA)
- National Black MBA Association (NBMBAA)
- National Society of Hispanic MBAs (NSHMBA)
We’re fostering a culture of inclusion where everyone can be their best.
Washington High School of Information Technology
The Northwestern Mutual Information Systems department and its leaders are long-time supporters of mentoring opportunities for students at Washington High School of Information Technology (WHSoIT). This Milwaukee high school has a majority African American student body.
Young Entrepreneur Scholars (YES) Program
Chris Kelly, vice president and controller, is a strong supporter of the YES Program, which is designed to give qualified minority high school students career-enhancing experience through on-the-job exposure to accounting and other business professions.
- The Diversity and Inclusion corporate committee includes senior executives and key leaders.
- The Northwestern Mutual Foundation has given nearly $170 million to communities across the nation during the past decade.
- Northwestern Mutual has given more than $9 million to support urban education in Milwaukee during the past five years.
- Employees volunteer more than 30,000 hours each year to community organizations.
National Sales Force Commitments
- Women Connect presents an opportunity for women to connect, network, and be successful across the Northwestern Mutual sales force.
- The American College Conference for African American Financial Representatives; as a platinum sponsor, key leaders host receptions, sessions and panel discussions featuring successful financial professionals.
- Women in Insurance and Financial Services (WIFS) is the only organization exclusively devoted to the success of women in insurance and financial services fields. We've been a gold sponsor for several years, with members from our sales force and corporate offices, as well as active board participants.
We’ve earned recognition as a leading employer.
Diversity Employers magazine named Northwestern Mutual on its list of the "Top 100 Employers for the Class of 2012." To help meet growing consumer demand for financial security, the company will recruit more than 2,500 financial representatives and 3,000 interns this year. Don’t miss our Career Opportunities section to learn more about opportunities currently available at Northwestern Mutual.