Spend your life living
Our version of financial planning can help you live your dreams today. Connect with an advisor to see how.
Northwestern Mutual Primary Services
Plan on living your best life.
With a personalized financial plan, you won't have to hope for the life you want, you can choose to live it—now and years from now. When you work with our advisors, you get:
- An expert to partner with
- A plan tailored to your life
- Best–in–class products and services
Protect the life you love.
From taking care of loved ones to protecting your income, our advisors will help you make sure your goals stay on track if the unexpected happens.
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Long-term care
Invest in the life you want.
Whether you're just starting out or ready to take your portfolio to the next level, our investment experts can help your money work even harder.
- Investment and retirement strategies
- Wealth management
- Exclusive market commentary
What's on your mind today?
Why You ‘Don't Need a Ton of Money’ to Start Financial Planning
6 Events That Increase Your Need for Life Insurance
Are You on Track for Retirement? Find Out.
Why I Decided to Talk Money With a Financial Advisor
How to Get a Jump-start on Your Financial Resolutions Now
Here's Why I Bought Life Insurance on My Children, and You Should Too
How to Choose a Trustee and Guardian for Your Children
6 Memorable Vacations to Take Before Your Kids Turn 13
What's the Right Amount of Life Insurance for You? Find Out.
5 Big Money Mistakes New Parents Make — And How to Avoid Them
Money Musts Before Your Baby Arrives
6 Myths About Saving for Retirement — Busted
Why We're Prioritizing Our Retirement Over Our Children's 529 College Savings
Retirement and Taxes: How to Maximize Your Savings
Are You on Track for Retirement? Find Out.
Should You Pay Off College Loans or Save for Retirement?
How to Help Recession-Proof Your Retirement Savings
How to Prioritize Paying Down Debts
5 Simple Steps to Get Out of Debt
7 Questions to Test Your Credit Score Knowledge
What's the Difference Between Good Debt and Bad Debt?
How One Couple Wiped Out $90,000 in Student Loans in Less Than 2 Years
Are You Making This Major Student Loan Mistake?
Love and Money: A Guide to Combining Finances
5 Off-the-Beaten-Path Honeymoon Destinations
Is your Soulmate Your Moneymate? Find Out.
How to Update Your Insurance When You Get Married
Pros and Cons of Joint Bank Accounts: Consider This Before Combining Cash
The Top 4 Money Questions to Ask Before Marriage
‘How I Saved Enough to Buy a Home On My Own’
5 Mistakes to Avoid When Buying a House
How Much Should You Borrow When Buying a Home?
How to Write a Winning Offer on Your Dream Home
Everything You Need to Know About Buying a Home
Can You Buy a House When You Have Debt?
3 Ways to Turn Your Hobby Into a Successful Business
This Entrepreneur Launched a Successful Business Helping Kids with Autism
Financial Steps to Take Before Starting a Business
7 Key Steps to Take Your Small Business to the Next Level
How to Save for Retirement When You're Self-Employed
4 Questions You Should Ask Before Starting a Business, From Franchise Queen
Here to help you live the life you dream of.
Get matched with an advisor who gets you—someone who sees your big picture and can design a financial plan tailored to your life and your goals.
The Northwestern Mutual difference
financial strength rating
ranked investment service
overall-ranked insurance company
You have questions, we have answers.
- What is a financial plan, exactly?
- A financial plan helps you make the most of what you have, no matter how much you have, so you can live the life you've always wanted. It takes into account all of your goals and shows you exactly where to spend your money, where to save, and for how long. Find out how we approach financial planning.
- What does a financial plan cost?
- For the most part, our advisors will design a free financial plan for you. However, some advisors may charge a fee for certain types of planning, but they'll let you know up front.
- How can a financial advisor help me?
- Our financial advisors will look at your big picture. They'll think of all the what-ifs so you don't have to and guide you through life events big and small, like paying for college, buying a house, getting married, having a baby, adopting a child, retiring or inheriting assets. Get a feel for what it's like to work with our advisors.
- What makes your insurance products better?
- At Northwestern Mutual, our recommendations are based on your priorities and what you can afford — so you only get the types of insurance you need, and nothing you don't. And with the highest financial strength ratings in the insurance industry1 and 162 years in this business, we'll be here when you need us.
- How can your advisors help me reach my investing goals?
- Most companies focus on short-term gains, we look at your financial big picture to help you get to your goals. Our unique approach brings investments and insurance together to help you grow your wealth while protecting everything you've worked so hard for. Plus, all our financial advisors have ongoing support of our Wealth Management Investment Team which includes CFA® charterholders and experts who provide ongoing thought leadership and market insights.
Already a client? Try these FAQs.
Let's find the right advisor for you.
Ready? Your Northwestern Mutual financial advisor is. They'll create a personalized plan to help you do all the things that matter most.
To learn more about Northwestern Mutual Investment Services, LLC and its financial representatives, visit FINRA BrokerCheck®