Win the Ultimate Home Experience with
Northwestern Mutual's #IfItWasUpToMyKid Contest
Home is where the heart is. It’s the place that brings the most important people in your life together, and where the most meaningful memories are made. But sometimes, life happens. With technology and social media, work-life imbalance, and busy schedules juggling school, sports, homework and more, families can struggle to be present and connect with each other at home.
Beginning this fall, Northwestern Mutual is bringing those unforgettable family experiences back home. We’re calling on kids and parents to tell us what their ultimate home experience would be with the #IfItWasUpToMyKid Contest.
Tell us what would make your house the cool house—the place where your friends and family would want to hang out all the time. What would bring everyone together? How about a backyard glamping experience? Maybe an indoor trampoline park? Or an at-home drive-in movie theater? (We’ll bring the popcorn!) The bigger, the more out-of-the-box, and the more imaginative the better—and we may just ring your doorbell to make your vision a reality.
Here's How to Enter:
- Follow @NorthwesternMutual on Instagram, @NMFinancial on Twitter or Northwestern Mutual on Facebook.
- Post a video or photo describing what your kid’s ultimate at-home experience would look like (in your family room, backyard, garage, etc.) AND what it would mean to your family.
- Be sure to tag @NorthwesternMutual or @NMFinancial and include #IfItWasUpToMyKid to be eligible.
By submitting your entry, you are agreeing to the Official Rules.
Northwestern Mutual Life Insurance Company, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Spend Your Life Living Contest
No purchase necessary to enter, win, or claim a prize. A purchase or payment of any kind will not increase your chances of winning.
Void outside of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, void in Maine, and void where prohibited.
- Promotion Period: The Northwestern Mutual Life Insurance Company (“Northwestern Mutual”) Spend Your Life Living Contest (“Promotion”) will begin on September 13, 2018 at 12:01 a.m. Eastern Standard Time (“EST”) and end on October 13, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. EST (“Promotion Period”). The Promotion involves awarding two (2) grand prizes (“Grand Prizes”) and up to five (5) runner-up prizes (“Runner-Up Prizes”). Northwestern Mutual is the sole sponsor (“Sponsor”) of the Promotion.
- Eligibility: Open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who have reached the age of 18 years old. Void in Maine and where prohibited by law. Employees and contractors of Northwestern Mutual and its affiliates and subsidiaries, employees and contractors of Sunshine Sachs, Magic Bullet Media Inc., Stadiumred, Wakefield Research, Social Native Inc., and FamiLeague Inc. (collectively, “Promotion Associates”), and members of any employee's or contractor's immediate family and/or those living in the same of household are not eligible.
- Conditions of Participation: All entrants must have internet access and a valid Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter account. It is each entrant's responsibility to inform Sponsor of any change in his or her Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter account (or e-mail address, if provided) that impacts Sponsor's ability to communicate with the entrant. Expenses associated with any prize that are not expressly assumed by Sponsor and all taxes associated with any prize are the sole responsibility of the prize winner. No substitution, assignment, cash equivalent or transfer of prizes is permitted, except by the Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of comparable or greater value, at its sole discretion. By entering the Promotion (regardless of method of entry), each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to be bound by the terms of these Official Rules and by the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to this Promotion.
- Entries and Terms: To enter to win a prize (either a Grand Prize or a Runner-Up Prize), you must, during the Promotion Period, publicly post photograph, drawing, and/or video on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter that showcases an ultimate home experience from your child's (you must be a parent or legal guardian of the child) perspective ("Ultimate Home Experience"). You must also follow Northwestern Mutual on the channel you share your entry and include the hashtag #IfItWasUpToMyKid and a caption with a brief description of your child's Ultimate Home Experience. You can describe any indoor or outdoor space that your child would like to create for a unique and imaginative experience, and you should articulate what this experience would mean to your family.
To be eligible to win a Grand Prize, you must: (a) own the property on or in which your child's Ultimate Home Experience could be created and have indisputable legal permission to have your child's Ultimate Home Experience created on or in the property; (b) be willing and able to execute an agreement provided by Sponsor (or a Promotion Associate or other delegate) authorizing Sponsor (and/or a Promotion Associate or other delegate) to create your Ultimate Home Experience and to video and photograph you and your family during the building process and revelation of the Ultimate Home Experience on or in your property, and indemnifying and holding harmless Sponsor (and/or a Promotion Associate or other delegate) for doing so (“Grand Prize Fulfillment Agreement”); and (c) be physically available from October 15, 2018 through October 29, 2018 for the building process, the revelation of the Ultimate Home Experience, and the videoing of the same. If you do not meet these requirements, you are potentially eligible only to win a Runner-Up Prize.
You may enter to win a prize as many times as you want and at any time during the Promotion Period, provided that any new description of a Ultimate Home Experience you submit must be substantially different from any description previously submitted by you. Sponsor will be the sole and final judge of whether any new description is “substantially different” from a previously submitted description. Entries submitted will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized holder of the Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter account used at the time of entry.
Sponsor's time clock shall be the official clock of the Promotion. Entries using macro, robotic, script, or other forms of automatic entry will be disqualified. Entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned.
- Winner Selection and Odds of Winning: During the Promotion Period, Sponsor shall select what Sponsor deems to be the two (2) best Ultimate Home Experience entries eligible for a Grand Prize. Sponsor will use criteria of its own choosing (for example, such criteria may, but need not, include such things as the Ultimate Home Experience's originality, creativeness, emotional impact, universal appeal, and/or feasibility) to decide which Ultimate Home Experiences are “best”, and will be the sole and final judge of which entries are “best” and which entries are selected for a prize. Sponsor shall promptly notify (via Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or e-mail, as applicable) each entrant selected for a Grand Prize, who will be asked to respond no later than three (3) calendar days after such Grand Prize notification. Upon verification of eligibility and execution of a Grand Prize Fulfillment Agreement, each entrant selected for a Grand Prize shall be awarded a Grand Prize by having their Ultimate Home Experience created on or in their property, in accordance with the terms and conditions of the Grand Prize Fulfillment Agreement. If any entrant selected for a Grand Prize fails to respond to a Grand Prize notification within three (3) calendar days, is found to be ineligible, or is unable or unwilling to execute a Grand Prize Fulfillment Agreement, that entrant shall be deemed to have forfeited the Grand Prize, may be awarded a Runner-Up Prize (if eligible), and Sponsor shall be entitled to award the Grand Prize to an alternate entrant who is eligible for a Grand Prize. Odds of winning a Grand Prize will depend on the number of eligible entries submitted during the Promotion Period and which entries Sponsor deems to be the best.
Also during the Promotion Period, Sponsor shall select up to five (5) of what Sponsor deems to be the next best (i.e., from those entries remaining after the Grand Prize winners are selected and verified) Ultimate Home Experience entries eligible for a Runner-Up Prize. Sponsor will use criteria of its own choosing (for example, such criteria may, but need not, include such things as the Ultimate Home Experience's originality, creativeness, emotional impact, universal appeal, and/or feasibility) to decide which Ultimate Home Experiences are “best”, and will be the sole and final judge of which entries are “best” and which entries are selected for a prize. Sponsor shall promptly notify (via Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or e-mail, as applicable) each entrant selected for a Runner-Up Prize, who will be asked to respond no later than three (3) calendar days after such Runner-Up Prize notification. Upon verification of eligibility, each entrant selected for a Runner-Up Prize shall be awarded a Runner-Up Prize, consisting of equipment and/or materials useful in creating the entrant's Ultimate Home Experience. If any entrant selected for a Runner-Up fails to respond to a Runner-Up Prize notification within three (3) calendar days or is found to be ineligible, that entrant shall be deemed to have forfeited the Runner-Up Prize, and Sponsor shall be entitled to award the Runner-Up Prize to an alternate entrant who is eligible for a Runner-Up Prize. Odds of winning a Runner-Up Prize will depend on the number of eligible entries submitted during the Promotion Period and which entries Sponsor deems to be the best (from those entries remaining after the Grand Prize winners are selected and verified). Sponsor has not conducted a contest similar to this one in the past. Consequently, Sponsor has no prior experience upon which to anticipate or base a prediction of the number of eligible entrants for any Grand Prize or Runner-Up Prize.
In addition to the Grand Prize Fulfillment Agreement signed by winners of a Grand Prize, winners of a Grand Prize or Runner-Up Prize will be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility / liability release, applicable tax form and, where legal, one or more publicity releases within seven (7) calendar days of prize notification. In the event of non-compliance with these requirements, a prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner.
Return of any prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.
- Prizes and Approximate Retail Values: Each Grand Prize shall have an estimated retail value of $15,000 or less. Each Runner-Up Prize shall have an estimated retail value of $2,500 or less.
Each winner is solely responsible for any and all applicable fees and taxes associated with prize receipt and use, and the reporting consequences thereof. Each Grand Prize winner is solely responsible for any desired dismantling and/or removal of any Ultimate Home Experience created on or in their property, for any desired restoration of the property to its original condition, and for any and all costs, damages, or liabilities associated with such dismantling, removal, and/or restoration. Prizes are awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee express or implied by Sponsor. Sponsor disclaims any and all liability for the actual provision, quality or nature of any third-party product or service accepted by the winners. Entrants understand that Sponsor is not liable for injuries, losses, damages of any kind arising from participation in this Promotion and acceptance, possession, and use and/or misuse of any prize. The awarding of any prize is contingent upon full compliance with these official Promotion rules (“Official Rules”).
- Releases & Licenses: By entering the Promotion and/or accepting any prize that they may win, entrants agree to release, indemnify, and hold harmless Sponsor, any of its subsidiary, affiliated and successor companies, Promotion Associates, delegates, advertising and promotion agencies and prize suppliers, and each of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives and employees, as well as each of their respective successors, representatives and assigns (collectively, the "Released Parties") from and against any and all actions, claims, injury, loss or damage arising in any manner, directly or indirectly, from participation in this Promotion and/or acceptance or use of any prize.
Except to the extent prohibited by law, each entrant authorizes and licenses the Released Parties to use, in whole or in part, worldwide, and in perpetuity, the entrant's and the entrant's immediate family members' names, voices, likenesses, biographical data, city and state of residence and entry materials (including, without limitation, the entrant's submitted Ultimate Home Experience description, photography, drawings, and/or videos) in any and all media now known or hereafter discovered, or in a winner's list, for any purpose, including without limitation, in connection with, and to promote, market and/or advertise, the Promotion and Sponsor's business, products, and services, without any right of review, approval, credit or attribution, notification or payment from or to entrant or any other person or entity. Released Parties are not obligated to use any of the above-mentioned information or materials, but may do so and may edit such information or materials, at Released Parties' sole discretion, without further obligation or compensation.
By submitting entry materials, each entrant certifies, represents, and warrants that such materials are original to and created by the entrant, that the entrant has all necessary rights, permissions and authority to submit such materials, and, if applicable, that the entrant maintains a valid copyright in the materials. By submitting materials, the entrant understands and agrees that Released Parties have the right to alter, edit, crop, change or improve any submitted materials. Sponsor shall retain all ownership rights in any such revised materials. Said releases and licenses also extend to these revised materials.
By submitting entry materials, entrants acknowledge that they understand and agree that the Released Parties' use of material containing features and elements similar to or identical with those contained in entrants' entry materials does not entitle entrants to any compensation. By entering the Promotion, entrants waive any right of action against the Released Parties in connection with the Released Parties' use of any material (or any part thereof), whether or not the material contains features or elements similar or identical to those contained in entrants' entry materials.
- Right to Cancel; Modify; No Tampering: Sponsor is not responsible for electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware, or software malfunctions or limitations of any kind, or inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive entry information by Sponsor on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or any combination thereof. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Promotion. If the Promotion is terminated or modified due to technical difficulties or unforeseen events prior to the expiration date of the Promotion Period, notice will be posted at IfItWasUpToMyKid.com. In the event of cancellation, Sponsor will award final prizes in accordance with Section 5 above with respect to valid and eligible entries received up to the time of such cancellation, provided a sufficient number of entries are received. Any attempt by an entrant or other person to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such entrant or person to the fullest extent of the law.
- Disputes/Choice of Law: Except where prohibited, each entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by state or federal courts situated in Milwaukee, Wisconsin; (2) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event attorneys' fees; (3) no punitive, incidental, special, consequential, or other damages, including without limitation lost profits, may be awarded (collectively, "Special Damages"); and (4) entrant hereby waives all rights to claim Special Damages and all rights to have such damages multiplied or increased. Wisconsin state law, without reference to Wisconsin's choice of law rules, governs the Promotion and all aspects related thereto.
- Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Promotion is The Northwestern Mutual Life Insurance Company, 720 East Wisconsin Avenue, Milwaukee, WI 53202.
- Rules/Winner Name: For names of the winners or for an additional copy of these Official Rules, mail a self-addressed stamped envelope to: “Northwestern Mutual Spend Your Life Living Promotion”, Northwestern Mutual Life Insurance Company, 720 East Wisconsin Avenue, Milwaukee, WI 53202 Attn: Kelsey Murray. Please specify “Official Rules” or “Names of Winners”. Names of winners will be sent after selection and verification of winners.
- Questions: If you have questions about this Promotion you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org.