Will Social Security Be There When You Need It?
Learn how to make decisions about taking Social Security calmly, not out of fear.
Many people make a rushed or emotional decision on when to claim Social Security because they are afraid it’s going to run out of money. This is one of the most important financial decisions you will make, so evaluate it with the right frame of mind. Be reassured that:
- Your contributions go into a Social Security trust fund.
- Congress has saved Social Security before and is likely to do it again.
Want to learn more? Download our guide, Social Security Simplified: Select the Right Options to Help Maximize Your Income, to make more-informed decisions around your Social Security benefit, including:
- Your options for claiming Social Security.
- How each option can significantly affect your benefits.
- Five key considerations when evaluating your Social Security options.