Financial Advisor Careers
Make a career move that changes the game.
For yourself. For your family. For your community. See how becoming a Northwestern Mutual financial representative gives your professional skills new purpose and offers game-changing benefits.Apply today
Start fresh without starting over.
You know you need a career change, but did you know that you don't have to start from scratch to make a meaningful pivot? And that you likely already have the skills—like listening, relationship building, and drive—to be successful? See what becoming a Northwestern Mutual financial representative could do for you.
What a career as a Northwestern Mutual financial representative looks like
With Northwestern Mutual, you'll have the opportunity to build your own business, backed by a Fortune 500 company, while helping people build their best lives.
- You'll form lasting relationships with your clients, helping them see their financial big picture and reach goals like buying a home, sending their kids to college, and having the retirement of their dreams.
- You'll learn proven practices designed to grow your career and put you in control of your time and your future.
- With offices nationwide, you'll be able to build the career you want in the community you love.
Benefits that go above and beyond
Get rewarded for what you put in
Here, hard work pays off. Plus, the value of your business grows over time providing ongoing revenue streams.
Control over your schedule
Earn the independence to work when it works for you.
Work for yourself, not by yourself
Backed by a Fortune 500 company, you'll have the financial support and professional guidance to grow.
World-class training programs
Set yourself up for success with our nationally recognized fast track training, specialized career paths, and ongoing development.
Family planning benefits
From adoption assistance to maternity leave, have the support to balance your life with your career.
Get more than just medical with dental and vision coverage, and more.
How this career changed the game for them
See what these Northwestern Mutual financial advisors have to say about the career and how a typical day is anything but.
A culture of support
Many Northwestern Mutual financial representatives didn't start out in the financial industry—the unique background they bring is what helps them succeed in their business, with their clients, and in their communities. Here's how we support and build a culture of success:
- The Women's Field Association of Northwestern Mutual is over 2,200 members strong and was built by women to advance women in all roles.
- Northwestern Mutual is dedicated to helping close the racial wealth gap through initiatives like our $100 million Impact Investing Fund to support Black communities nationally and locally and our Black Founder Accelerator program powered by gener8tor.
- You'll have the opportunity to pursue advanced professional certifications with financial support, mentorships, joint work opportunities, and more.
- Community support is a key part of our culture. Our offices across the country work with nonprofits to create real impact nationally, and in our neighborhoods.