Personal Protection with 65 Life
65 Life is a good permanent life insurance choice for personal protection when cash value accumulation is of prime concern. A shorter premium paying period means higher premiums and cash values build faster.
On the life of a breadwinner . . . permanent life insurance protects a family’s standard of living.
On the life of a homemaker . . . it provides funds to replace lost household services and child care.
On the life of a child . . . with the Additional Purchase Benefit, it can guarantee insurability for years to come.
On the life of anyone . . . it becomes paid-up at age 65, and can be kept in force or converted to an annuity to provide retirement income.
The cash value will be available via partial surrenders or loans both for life’s emergencies and life’s opportunities. College educations may be financed, mortgages may be paid off earlier, and life during retirement may be made a little more comfortable.
- Permanent life insurance premiums are guaranteed level and payable to age 65 or until death, if sooner.
- Dividends can increase your coverage or reduce your premium outlay – your choice.
- Cash values may increase faster when dividends are used to increase policy values.
- Cash values are accessible and available by either surrendering part of the coverage or via loans for emergency or opportunity.
For the business owner interested in providing benefits to executive employees, or when insuring a few key people, 65 Life may fit the bill.
Offers security and value during working years, and upon retirement age at 65 will be fully paid-up and can provide various options.
At age 65, the business has the option of surrendering the policy, transferring the policy or annuitizing the policy to fund retirement payments to an employee.
Deferred Compensation, Bonus, and Key Employee plans are often best funded with permanent, level premium products.
One of the best vehicles for fulfilling Buy-Sell agreements and Split-Dollar arrangements often turns out to be Northwestern Mutual’s 65 Life product especially when higher cash values are needed sooner.
- Guaranteed death benefit
- Guaranteed minimum cash value
- Guaranteed premiums
- Eligible to receive dividends
- Optional additional premiums and lump sums
- Minimum amount: $25,000
- Maximum amount: Based on underwriting and insurable interest limits.
- Original guaranteed face amount plus any paid-up additions. Any policy debt (outstanding loans and accrued interest) will be deducted from policy proceeds.
- Level premiums are guaranteed and payable to age 65 or until death, if sooner.
- Increase policy values.
- Reduce premium payments.
- Accumulate at interest.
- Receive in cash.
*Dividends are not guaranteed.
Options available if premium payments are missed
- Automatic Premium Loan (APL) supported by the cash value.
- Remain in force as a reduced paid-up permanent life insurance plan.
- Remain in force for a limited period of time as extended term insurance.
- Cash surrender.
- Most of the accumulated cash value in a permanent life insurance policy is available for loan.
- Variable loan rate option.*
- With “Direct Recognition,” the percentage of cash value borrowed affects amount of dividend credited.
- Any outstanding loan and accrued interest balances are deducted from the policy proceeds upon surrender or death.
*In Arkansas, 65 Life policies will have 5%.
Optional Policy Benefits**
- Waiver of Premium (Ages 0-55)
- Indexed Protection (Ages 0-55)
- Additional Purchase (Ages 0-38)
**Subject to underwriting and/or additional cost.
This policy has exclusions. For costs and more complete information, contact a Northwestern Mutual representative
Download 65 Life Brochure