Financial Representative Careers
Start your career.
As a Northwestern Mutual financial representative, you'll build lasting relationships with your clients and help them achieve their financial goals. And you'll help solidify your own future, too. This career offers flexibility at a company where hard work is valued and rewarded.
Our training & development programs are among the best in the country1
Joining the Northwestern Mutual team gives you:
- Exclusive access to a variety of custom solutions and services—from life insurance, disability income insurance and education funding options to retirement planning, estate planning, and business planning.
- The chance to become an advisor for a company that has been helping clients achieve financial security for over 163 years—one with strength, values and a track record of diversity and inclusion.
Get Local Support
Your local network office will help you:
- Build a business from the ground up with support from mentors and training tools.
- Guide clients through a financial planning process, which reflects our belief that over a lifetime, most people will experience many different financial needs and circumstances.
Training and Rewards
As a financial representative, you'll receive comprehensive learning and development, and ongoing support to help you build your career. Your hard work will be rewarded with opportunities for growth and unlimited income potential.
Our award-winning training program1 will help you:
- Get off to a fast start and maintain high performance over time.
- Grow and develop over your career through learning paths designed to guide you along the way.
- Pursue advanced professional designations and certifications with financial support.
You'll be rewarded with:
The chance to pursue a leadership role. Leadership offers growth opportunities through recruitment, development and retention of fellow representatives, and growing network offices. Those in leadership have the choice to also maintain their own practice.
- Continuous opportunities for advancement through specialization in areas like disability income, long-term care, annuities and investments. You may also choose to become a financial advisor or a wealth management advisor of Northwestern Mutual Wealth Management Company®.
- Exceptional income potential: what you earn is directly related to your sales results and the relationships you develop with your clients. Financial representatives are compensated through commissions, renewals and bonuses.
1Training Magazine 2017, Top 125 list