Long-Term Care Insurance FAQ's
Answers to Common Billing Questions
Below are a few of the common billing questions typically received from policyowners.
Receive One Bill For Multiple Policies
If you have several policies with Northwestern Mutual, you can save time and energy by opening a Billing/Payment Account.
With an Billing/Payment Account you can:
- Consolidate premiums from two or more insurance policies. Payments for up to 15 policies can be combined on one bill.
- Make regular installment payments on loans or policies.
- Pay premiums by automatic withdrawal (Electronic Funds Transfer) from your bank account.
- Pay premiums on a convenient schedule, monthly (only available with Electronic Funds Transfer), quarterly, every six months, or once a year.
- Earn interest on any additional funds that accumulate in your Insurance Service Account.* (Billing/Payment Account Plus only)
Note: A separate account is required for variable products and annuity products.
*A variable Insurance Service Account cannot accumulate surplus and therefore cannot earn interest.
To sign up for an Billing/Payment Account Plus:
- Call your Northwestern Mutual representative
Contact Northwestern Mutual directly:
Submit a Claim
If you're asking yourself questions like:
- How do I begin the claim process?
- Does this health care expense apply toward the policy?
- Am I (or the person I represent) eligible to receive benefits on the policy?
- Am I eligible for respite care service?
To inform Northwestern Mutual of a Long-Term Care claim, please complete this form or contact the Northwestern Long-Term Care Claims Administration Office at 1-800-748-9493. Our staff will answer your questions and assist you with all aspects of claims management.