DOD Skillbridge Program
Kick-start your civilian career with Northwestern Mutual.
As a partner to the DoD SkillBridge program, we can take your experience in the Armed Forces and help you transition to the next chapter in your professional life. Your skills (leadership, focus, loyalty, self-discipline) are uniquely suited to becoming a successful Financial Representative at Northwestern Mutual.
We help people achieve financial security with integrity and character. You know the value of teamwork, but also know how to blaze your own trail and make good decisions for yourself and others. You also appreciate that life requires balance between family, work and community. That's why we think you'd make a good addition to our team.
Military friendly badges
About the DoD Skillbridge Program
During the internship you will:
- Learn how your military experience translates into a rewarding civilian career
- Explore a career or industry you might want to pursue upon separation from active duty
- Earn real-world industry qualifications and certifications
- Build experience and competency in your trade/profession with our team
- Expand your network of professional contacts
- Gain familiarity with corporate culture
Here's how the program works:
A successful candidate will participate in a practical, structured, and systematic program of on-the-job training and related instruction to develop existing military technical experience. The internship will be up to 17 weeks long and can only commence within 180 days before leaving active duty service.
Qualifications for success:
- Must meet all eligibility requirements outlined in DOD Instruction 1322.29 and NAVADMIN 222/15
- Command approval verified by the Education Center
- BS or BA degree preferred
- Self-motivated and willing to work and learn
- Detail oriented and results driven
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)